background

Friday, September 2, 2022

That's a wrap...

 
Yes, that's a wrap too, but I was talking about the week ending and a three-day weekend ahead!  YAY!  

We've had some rain recently, so the temperatures have been a little lower.  Both were very  welcome!

It's time to start getting ready for my annual performance review.  
Do you hear crickets too?  That's about how I feel about reviews.  The only good thing is that it will be done before I leave on vacation, so I can enjoy being away without it hanging over my head.  And it's not like my boss is an ogre, it's more that I hate the forced self assessment leading up to it.  :(

I have not felt the least bit frugal lately.  I have been doing some research about a budgetary issue that is coming up.  Hoping we make the right choice.

Carey has been very frugal, as he has finished painting the house exterior all on his own, except for some dormer windows that need special skills and equipment to replace some wood decay and paint.  We can't seem to find a tradesman who will call us back, so we are stuck just waiting and asking people if they have any recommendations..  While he waits for a callback, he is ready to get started painting the front and side doors, and I think I have decided on a color.  Excited to see how it turns out.

The house STILL has a bit of skunky odor, but for the most part it is gone.  Last night I dreamed Rudy had another close encounter of the skunky kind.  Woke up very relieved to know it was just a bad dream.  :)

I had my annual doctor visit this week.  I LOVE my doctor.  I have been seeing her since about 2006.  She spends so much time with her patients.  You never feel like you are in a revolving door, or just another chart.  

Work has been somewhat busy.  Yesterday I felt like I had a productive day without a lot of phones to answer and distractions.  I was able to get a project ready to go out next week without the pressure of having it filling up time right up till the last day.  I love that feeling.

So that's about it for my week.  I am SO excited about the extra day off this weekend!  No big plans, just hanging around the house.  Carey and Jared are going to a minor league baseball game tomorrow, so I'll have the house to myself (unusual these days).  

I hope to:  
  • wash clothes
  • make a large batch of baked oatmeal and individually wrap to stock the freezer with work breakfasts also made brownies for Sunday family supper
  • dust
  • clean and organize my bathroom vanity and drawers
  • clean off the kitchen and dining room tables
  • make some cards and get them ready to mail
  • go through craft supplies to organize and/or donate
  • and read a little
That doesn't sound like much does it?

The Lost Family: How DNA Testing is Upending Who We Are by Libby Copeland

This is what I'm currently reading.  Pretty interesting!  About the trend of so many of us getting our DNA tested.  I admit that I have had mine done...out of curiousity.  Have you had yours tested and had any interesting or unexpected results?

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I hear you on waiting for those call backs, so frustrating. I'm probably looking at getting my DNA tested, a co-worker told me about his fascinating find via Ancestry.com of long-lost family. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails