background

Thursday, October 6, 2022

Thankful, grateful, blessed...

 

I don't get great phone reception on my cell phone at the office, so today I was standing near the window to get better reception as I was speaking with Carey.  Very suddenly I saw smoke start near the highway, and very quickly it spread in the vacant lots around the QT convenience store which is across the highway from our office.

I started snapping photos, and in hardly any time at all, it looked like the building was on fire.  It wasn't, but the flames were rising high above the brush behind the store.

The firemen were on the scene almost immediately, and I thought they did an amazing job of getting it under control.

It is really, really dry in the area.  Feeling especially thankful for firemen today!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails