background

Friday, June 7, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 23...

Successes:
1.  I worked one day this week.

2.  I'm picking up some free eggs today from my favorite POA non-sanctioned chicken wranglers, and returning my empty cartons to them

3. Whenever I receive a receipt with a survey offer at Sonic, I always complete them to receive a free drink on my next visit.  Twice lately, when they have been really busy and rather slow getting orders delivered, I've handed them the completed survey for payment and they apologized for the delay in service and have handed the survey back to me to use again at a later time to make up for the inconvenience.  Two free drinks from one coupon?  Thanks!

4.   Enjoying the fruit of the cherry tomato plant Kasey gave me.  We've gotten just two tomatoes from the other larger-variety plant she gave us.  I've been holding onto them hoping that some of the green tomatoes still on the vine ripen up so I have enough large ones to make a tomato pie.

5.  I paid with a check at a business that has started charging extra to use a debit/credit card for payment.  I also paid a bill by check to another company that charges for online bill payment.  I loaned my car to Kasey one day this week when hers was in for repair; a forced stay-home/no-spend day is still a stay-home/no-spend day.  I've checked out audio books from the library to enjoy while I'm working in the office/craft room.  

Saturday:  *pizza
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  
Wednesday:  breakfast tacos for supper
Thursday:  *Schlotzsky's sandwiches
Friday:  shrimp pasta salad

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week: 

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I've never had tomato pie. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the mayo and cheese, it's not something we have too often. But when there are fresh tomatoes from the garden, it is a MUST at our house! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails