background

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Everything's peachy...

We have two peach trees.  They were here when we bought the property.  One has never borne any fruit to my knowledge.  The one with this year's crop usually doesn't put on many, and we have rarely been able to pick even one or two before the squirrels or birds get them.  

This year there were enough for a cobbler as well as some for eating.  They were really sweet and juicy.

I made the cobbler today for Sunday family supper.  Peeling is such a messy job.  And since I wanted it fresh from the oven to take to Kasey and Beau's, I was in a bit of a rush at the end, and forgot to take any photos.  It looked pretty, but I can't say it was anyone's favorite.

I hope I get another chance to improve my cobbler making next year.  It would be nice if this year was the start of regular good crops.

2 comments:

  1. Even if it is only enough for one cobbler, it sounds so nice to have your own peach trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, Barbara. At our last property, we had a pear and a plum tree. The plums were overwhelming. The fruit that fell on the ground attracted wasps. Lots and lots of wasps! Oh, my goodness.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails