background

Friday, December 21, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 51...


Successes:
1.  I am staying home today, so I am wearing holey jeans...not the fashionable kind of holey jeans.  They're really more sweat pants than they are jeans...oh, so very comfortable.  I can't bear to get rid of them, so I save them for the days I don't have to leave the house.

2.  Carey went and paid our property taxes today.  The letter from the county reverting our tax due to last year's rate (due to Carey's turning 65 this year) came this week in the mail.  This is much more efficient, as we thought we might have to pay the higher rate and wait for a refund.  But with official notification i hand, we got to pay the lower rate saving several hundred dollars.

3.  I arranged to carpool to a social commitment tomorrow.  It's in a neighboring town.  I'm not sure how the parking may be, so being in one car rather than two will be a small help, and I won't know many people there, so it is nice to walk in with a friend.  And it saves gas, of course.  :)

4.  I did not buy holiday stamps for the Christmas cards.  I had plenty of others on hand, so went with those.

5.  Just paid my first monthly bill to my new phone service provider.  One-third the cost of the last provider.  Why did I wait so long?

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *chicken
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  *barbecue
Wednesday:  *Chinese
Thursday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Friday:  Old Fashioned Goulash

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. Switching providers really can save some $, good for you! Meg🙂

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails