background

Thursday, December 20, 2018

2018 Christmas cards...

Christmas cards/letters have been sent.  Yea!  They went out a little late, but, hey, some years they don't go out till into the new year or not at all.

The majority were made using my Stampin' Up! Paper Pumpkin subscription box from last month (November 2018), but I mixed up the designs to stretch them.  I think if you used the instructions as intended it would have made ten cards (lined envelopes were included).

I got well over twenty cards by adding in a few different papers/card bases and mailed most of them in plain red envelopes.

I think this one was my favorite, and I totally copied someone else's design on this one, but couldn't find a name to give her credit.

For the majority I used this image of Scripture.

It's a little hard to tell in the photos, but the plaid paper has gold metallic lines as part of the plaid, and I used a gold metallic cardstock to back the Scripture image.


 Then I mixed it up a bit, and I pulled out the kit from last year that I never got around to using, and I made a few shaker cards.

This one really was the end of the line, and used up the last of the pine boughs.

All told I made about thirty cards, including two with cross-stitch tags that will be shown in another post.  I also slipped a copy of our Christmas letter into each envelope, and included a handwritten note as well on almost all.  Two cards I purchased from a local jewelry designer (because I just couldn't resist them), and Carey bought and mailed two cards on his own to his mother and another old friend.  (I mailed his mother one also, so she got two from us.  lol)

And though I still have lots of other preparations to make, I am happy that I got cards/letters off to so many this year.

2 comments:

  1. Those are just beautiful, I know they will be appreciated, lots of time and love inside them.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails