background

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Nine random thoughts on the 9th...

1.  I have so much to do, and I have been doing pretty much nothing all day.

2.  Rudy likes tv.  He loves the commercials for pet supply companies, and jumps up and runs to stand in front of the tv, sometimes standing on his hind legs to get a closer look or show his enthusiasm.  :)  So today I have the tv on in the background and not paying much attention to it.  A news-type show comes on, and they put up a photo of a man recently making headlines for killing his wife and children.  Rudy turns and begins walking toward the television...and GROWLS.  That was creepy.

3.  It has been raining for the last few days.  Pretty gloomy.  Kind of surprising how much rain we have been getting lately.  I think last month was the wettest on record.  But the sun is out at the moment, and very welcome.

4.  About a month ago I joined WW (new branding for Weight Watchers) online.  So far lost a little over 10 pounds.  It's very user friendly.

5.  I need to make a sign and hang it on the wall so I see it first thing every morning.  It should say, "For the time being, I am not accepting jobs out of town," as a script for me to have at the ready when the phone rings.  Either that or, "Just Say No."  I promised I wouldn't whine about this any more, so I apologize.  But I already went back on my resolve, and simply because I forgot to say no.

6.  It worked out in my favor, as my car was extremely low on gas, and the job took me near my favorite low-price station at just the right time.

7.  I have recently developed a big knot on my left hand.  I'm assuming it is a ganglion cyst.  It isn't painful, but it isn't attractive.  My kids think it looks awful, and Jared called it my 'hump'.  I told him it was funny he referred to it as a hump, because I had decided to name it Igor (in honor of Young Frankenstein).  :)  If its size doesn't decrease, I suppose I will go to the doctor about it eventually.  It's right over the area of my hand that was crushed in the car accident, where the new bone is always tender, and I just don't look forward to pushing and prodding in an exam of it.

8.  I love October!  My birthday is coming up.  I tend to round up my age, and then I start forgetting that I round up and start believing I'm already older than I am.  Then eventually it dawns on me that I'm younger than I've been thinking I was.  LOL

9.  It's a lot harder to think of nine random thoughts to share than it is seven.  I resolve to circle the 7th on my calendar every month so I don't forget.  Because, you know, my random thoughts are so share worthy.  :)





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the new plan. Much easier than any before.

      Delete
  2. Rudy!!! Way to go on the weight loss and please get your hand looked at. I just spent 4 years self-diagnosing a problem with a toenail (wrongly) and it took one visit to the Dr. to fix it properly. Never know what might be happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, of course. I will make an appointment asap.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails