background

Friday, October 5, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 40...


Successes:
1.  Apparently I inadvertently signed up for Kindle Unlimited in September.  Luckily I noticed it before being billed in a few days.  Saved that $9.99 per month.

2.  Rudy LOVES frisbees.  He uses them as a skate board to slide around our patio.  He also likes to completely flatten one, and then run up the ramp with it to the tree house and drop it through the slats in the floor into the sand box below, then run down and play with it in the sand digging and being his crazy dog self...then he does it all over again.  :)  It's hilarious to watch.  I've had trouble finding the cheap kind of frisbees that he likes best for his purposes.  (Odd, I know.  I spent too much money on a nice indestructible one, and he ignores it.)

We usually order take-out Schlotzky sandwiches at least once while Carey is off.  Yesterday was the company's anniversary, and they've been advertising that to celebrate they would be serving sandwiches on frisbee 'plates' like they did when they first opened for business.  Well THAT caught my attention.  This week instead of taking out, we went and ate our sandwiches in the restaurant on the designated day.  We were each served on a frisbee plate.  As we were eating, I saw some people throw their 'plates' in the trash, so before leaving I snatched a couple of clean ones from the top of the bin.  Granted we had to eat out to get the four 'free' frisbees, but we would have spent that money there anyway, so we got a bonus (and made Rudy so happy) by going on the designated day.

3.  Picked up more free eggs from our POA-unauthorized rebel egg wrangler.

4.  At dentist appointment this week received free toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss.  Perfect sizes to pack for upcoming vacation.


5.  Enjoying fall mantel decorations from ye old seasonal-decor storage closet.  They get reused every year, sometimes in a different configuration.  Reusing allows me to enjoy the brain exercise of amortization of assets' original sales prices; probably down to about 50¢ for 'new' vingette.  :)  I don't really recall the original prices, but I do enjoy a seasonal revamp for zero current outlay.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Beef & Winter Vegetable Stew, cornbread
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey's
Monday:  Dublin Coddle
Tuesday:  Roast, potatoes, broccoli
Wednesday:  Breakfast for supper
Thursday:  omelette and sauteed squash, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes
Friday:  late lunch, so smoothie for supper

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

5 comments:

  1. Katy would be proud of you for "working" for your frisbees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOl, that's a great way to get Rudy some new frisbees! I had to make a list of things like your Kindle Unlimited charge - I'd be paying bills and there was an extra $19.99 or $99 or $199 charge that I wasn't expecting - Geek Squad, Prime, e-magazine subscription renewal. Don't know why I didn't think ahead to make a list of when to expect what but I have it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have kept track of it, but I don't know how I subscribed. Either it was as simple as an inadvertent click with no overt notice of what I had done, or I did it in my sleep...which is not outside the realm of possibility. :)

      Delete
  3. We get free dental packs from our dentist too, Kath. Always handy! I save some of them up too and then, when we have enough, we add a few bits and pieces to them, and give them to an organisation that works with people who are struggling with homelessness. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails