background

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Woman Who Smashed Codes:
A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America's Enemies
by Jason Fagone

I've been on the library reserve list for this ebook for months.  True story of Elizebeth Smith who began her career trying to solve ciphers in the works of William Shakespeare, then, together with her husband William Friedman, developed the modern science of cryptology.

I haven't had much time to read...at lunch and for a few minutes at bedtime before I fall asleep.  Only about 10% read so far.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I just requested it from my library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I'm far enough into it to recommend yet, but it has already brought up some history to think about in a new way which I like.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails