1. Had several stay-at-home, no-spend days this week.
2. Made a donation drop off at Goodwill. Did not even go inside as I am focusing on removing things from the house right now and not bringing anything in.
3. Tried to do my bit for zero food waste by eating leftovers and cooking things that had been in the fridge for awhile and I might have thrown away before focusing on frugality. (However, I then had to basically empty the freezer which 'somebody' left open all night one night.)
4. Scheduled three days of work for later this month.
5. Made a birthday card from supplies on hand and mailed it with a handwritten note. Made two plates from tonight’s leftovers for the freezer for Carey to take to work. I’m reading a library ebook on my Kindle, and I also checked two other library ebooks out for Carey and put them on his Kindle. Both Kindles were bought last year as rebuilds for very reasonable price, and they work perfectly.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: peanut butter and pickle sandwich
Tuesday: late *lunch out (so skipped dinner)
Wednesday: *barbecue baked potato
Thursday: oven bbq chicken, Hot Potato Salad, green beans
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
I had such a mess (office/craft room spillover) in the kitchen most of the week leaving hardly any horizontal work surface, hence not a lot of cooking done around here.