1. In the past, whenever I missed a PBS program, I watched it on my laptop. I've just realized I could download a free PBS app for my firestick and watch them on the television. Yea for slow learners!
2. The new dishwasher (not frugal) was delivered (free delivery) yesterday minutes before Carey had to leave for work. Texted son-in-law begging his assistance installing it when he had some time. He was here within an hour and had it installed in about a half hour...for free.
3. Have supped on beans twice this week. A large pot of mild beans with cornbread while Carey was home, then what was left was made into spicier Red Beans and Rice when he was working. Enough of the second was left for another meal, and went into the freezer to make an easy meal for a later date.
4. My phone is hanging in there and has been charging well and working well for the most part, aside from a bit slow on occasion.
5. I didn't get a haircut, though I think it's about time for a trim (far past time is more like it). I haven't been buying much gasoline since the new car uses less, and I've been staying home for the most part. Drinking more water.
Went to the drive-in theater to watch The Circle. We decided to go at the last minute, and we were running late, so I didn't take frugal snacks. Not only did we spend too much at the snack bar, but the movie was a dud.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: pork chops, rice & gravy, green beans
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Tuesday: Beans & Cornbread
Wednesday: No-Peek Chicken
Thursday: Red Beans & Rice
Friday: oven-fried chicken and Cornbread Salad