background

Friday, April 8, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 14...


Successes:
1.  Began the week by revamping the menu to designate easier, less time-intensive meals on the nights I had to work.  I usually just make a menu by listing meals, but not assigning them to specific days, instead leaving that up to what we are in the mood for on a given day.  But thinking about effort expenditure ahead of time helped me not resort impulsively to takeout when I was tired.

2.  With one car in need of repair, we've been able to get by sharing a car this week.  Internet searching helped diagnose the problem, parts needed, and method of repair.  Carey and Jared couldn't do the work in the time frame required, so the parts and the car have been taken to the shop to have our mechanic put them on.  Fingers crossed that he can get it back home by Monday and within budget.

3.  Scheduled another day of work for this month and two weeks in August.

4.  No hair cut again...no time, but still the $ stayed in my pocket.  Ditto for printer, though I have been researching online.

5.  Lunch hour yesterday: Came home, put supper in slow cooker, ate a peanut butter sandwich, left car with the car-less, got chauffeured back to work.  That felt very frugal.

Keep Tryings:
     Books!  Aaaack!
  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Easy Thai Shrimp Soup
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Mexican Casserole and salad
Tuesday:  meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes, corn
Wednesday:  spaghetti, garlic bread
Thursday:  beef tips in gravy with rice
Friday:  *pizza

(*not frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails