1. Browned and seasoned five pounds of ground beef. Cooled, vacuum sealed, and put in freezer for future meal starters. Action today for a frugal tomorrow. On a busy day I'll be ahead of the game and won't be tempted to resort to takeout.
2. We have been using cloth napkins for over twenty years. They last pretty much forever, and I use very few paper towels and no paper napkins. Ours are purely utilitarian, and get tossed in with a load of towels, and never ironed.
3. I bought a printer this week. Before doing so, I read tons of specifications, reviews, and consumer questions and answers, and I chose a model that I thought I would be happy with. I went to Office Max to look at them, and the store employee said it was fine, but he pointed out the positive attributes of another model that was about the same price. He went to answer a call, and I Googled the model he was espousing...terrible reviews, and way too many stories of printhead problems. I decided to trust my research, picked up the one I had originally set out to purchase, and hightailed it outta there.
4. I took my lunch to work. Car sharing right now means I have to get dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon, so not a lot of choice if I want to eat.
5. All bills paid on time avoiding late fees, and put a big chunk toward a debt I'm trying to pay off.
too many meals out
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: *local Mexican restaurant
Sunday: *anniversary dinner out
Monday: Virginia's Taco Soup
Tuesday: *takeout sandwiches
Thursday: *Grilled Salmon Salad
Friday: Spanish rice
(*not frugal takeout or dinner out)