background

Friday, September 7, 2012

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...

1.  Meet Terry the tarantula.  He was lounging on our back porch all day yesterday.  I appreciate his effort to hide one of his 8 legs for my 7 on the 7th post.  I wish I could have put something into the shot to give an indication of his size, but here's a longer view that may give you a better idea.
 
 
 
I don't suffer the same intensity of arachnophobia that I used to pre country living.  That doesn't mean I'm not thankful for telephoto lenses.  :)

2.  I received confirmation of another weird genetic trait this week via a diagnosis of hemochromatosis.  Rack up another one for the Old Egg Syndrome.  I may just have to leave my body to science.

3.  Monday I will be starting my new work schedule.  I am going to be giving the old college try to packing my lunches again, and eating out just one day out of four.  That means I have to put a menu together and do a major grocery shop tomorrow.  Ugh.

4.  Kasey had to be at the office all day yesterday, so I was on grandma duty.  I met the school bus after school and took card-making supplies so  the kidlets could make, write, and send letters to their great-grandmother.  It was really amazing to see how their fine motor skills are improving and how they are really learning and recalling pretty complex stamping techniques.  It makes my heart sing!  I have PLAYMATES!

5.  I am so happy that Autumn is almost here!!!  We are actually expecting our first cool front tonight!  I know it's not the end of our hot weather, but, oh! the promise of Autumn...my FAVORITE season of the year!

6.  I had a coupon for 20% off any one item at Bed, Bath & Beyond, so I made the trek over today.  I found exactly what I was wanting (and have been wanting for a long time).  An OXO salad spinner with stainless steel bowl.  I've also been wanting a microplane for zesting lemons and limes (among other things).  By using the coupon for the spinner, it was like getting the microplane free.  Yea!

7.  I really need to be downsizing my kitchen supplies instead of adding to them.  I find myself spending a lot of time planning a kitchen reno in my head lately.  New floors.  New cabinet color.  New countertops and sink.  A new cabinet with pull-out shelves in the place of the useless kitchen desk built in.  AND completely getting rid of the behemoth island and replacing it with something not quite so huge and a lot more stylish (and even sentimental).
Photobucket

 

3 comments:

  1. You have tarantulas??? (cringes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joolz, this is the first one we've seen here. I remember when we first got married, we lived in this little kind of desert town. We were driving home one night, and there was a weather front blowing through, and in the headlights we could see THOUSANDS of tarantulas running across the road in the dark...the stuff nightmares are made of!!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.










    Miles Samaratne Strategies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails