background

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I'm reading Wednesday...













This mystery is very different from any I've read before.  Eyes at the Window by Evie Yoder Miller is about the murder of an infant in an Amish settlement in 1810.  It has a LOT of characters to keep track of, as each chapter is told in the voice of a different character...it reads like journal entries describing family relationships, work, history, geography, language, religion, guilt, and innocence.  It's not exactly an easy book to read, but I'm really enjoying it.  The chapters are short, so I'm able to make measurable progress in little bites, which is really good for my schedule right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails