1. It is often difficult for me to come up with a photograph to accompany these '7' posts. I am not quite sure what the subject of the above photo actually is. I think it is some kind of a game die, and I believe it is really old, though I'm not sure. It is made of clear glass, and the printing around the zero says 'MADE CZECHOSLOVAKIA.' It's just one of those cool things hanging around our house. It has lived in a sewing machine drawer for as long as I remember. If anyone knows what it is, I'd welcome a clue.
2. I really must practice going to bed and getting up earlier. I mean really.
3. I have been doing a lot of reading in the last couple of months, and I notice that really good books seem to be fewer and further between than they used to be. Is this a sign of getting old? Or maybe I'm just not choosing well...or maybe I'm more distracted than before. Could anyone reading this leave a comment with the title of a favorite book or two, please? My favorites are Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follet and Shadow Woman by Thomas Perry.
4. Winter food = comfort. Tonight? Acorn squash baked with slices of link sausage in the scooped-out centers drizzled with a little maple syrup.
5. Happiness is being close enough to drop in for flash cards and goodnight kisses from the munchkins.6. Another work week begins. Laundry...check. Coffee ready for in the morning...check. Gas tank filled...check. Prescription refill called in...check. Hair appointment made...uh-oh.
7. Football season is over...baseball spring training is right around the corner. I really gotta get another tv for the bedroom.