background

Monday, November 15, 2010

Before, during, and after...

What the... Someone seems to have forgotten to take the before photo! Hmmph!

Well, on to the story then.

Awhile back (sometime in the past year) I found this really 'interesting' piece at a thrift shop. Really not my usual style. It was sort of an antique-y gold. And while I usually go for things with simple lines...this didn't have a simple line on it. But something about it spoke to me. So I picked it up and looked for the price. Hmmm. No price. I took it to the front and asked what its cost might be. For the lack of a better answer, the guy quoted me the grand price of $1. For a buck, I could handle it being a little 'different.'

I did manage to take a 'during' photo, so here's your first glance at it.



Uh-huh.

Hey, those empty IKEA shelf boxes are great for laying open and spray painting on. (And no, I'm not through assembling shelves...if I were, I would be showing you those! ) Ignore the little lamp in the corner...that is another story for another post. Oh, but I forgot to get a before photo of it too. It was actually a sort of soft medium green with painted gold trim...the two of these items made quite the pair.



So here is my $1 sconce...all crisp and white against the newly blue walls of the children's guest/play room. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it. But it will stay for awhile. I have a few more projects in mind for that room, so I'll show you more of its surroundings in future posts.

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks wonderful, Kath - really good. Glad the move has gone well for you, and hope the sorting out is progressing as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, now that you mention it, it does remind me a little of the carving on your chair/couch from grandma. I think I like it even more now thinking of this.

    Caroline, thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep showing the progress as I go. :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails