background

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's your sign...

There's a house that I pass every morning on my way to work. It's been on the market for awhile. It looks like a nice roomy house, and if I was interested in moving in to town, I might even consider it. But that would mean I would be 'somewhere' instead of four miles north of nowhere, and that's just not what I'm interested in.

Anyway, back to my story. Every morning the sign in front of this house catches my eye, and I think of the comedian, Bill Engvall, and his 'here's your sign' bit. This is the sign I'm claiming for my own...



No, I'm not for sale. LOL It's the addendum they tacked on the bottom that I love--I'm gorgeous inside. Indeed. Each time I see this sign it prompts a mini self-examination...am I a good friend, wife, mom, grandma...do I give thanks and praise each day...do I practice the golden rule...have I searched out the blessings that each day brings and felt joy? I don't actually tally up a score, I just know that this makes me smile.

Don't get me wrong, I am far, FAR from perfect. But I love and am loved. And I feel absolutely gorgeous inside!

Now as for the outside...

2 comments:

  1. The sign really does fit you perfectly. Keep swimming....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sign and yes, it made me smile too. Sounds like you're in a happy place at the moment.

    Cheers - Joolz

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails