background

Friday, November 29, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 48...

Successes:
1.  I volunteered to decorate the office for Christmas, and I spent not one penny.  I found everything I needed in my stash of decorations.  Two wreaths, 2 over-the-door wreath hangers, a grouping of 3 trees (about 4ft, 3 ft, and 2 ft), 3 strings of LED battery-operated lights, a huge glass cylinder vase, river rocks for the bottom of vase, a realistic battery-operated candle for vase, yards of burlap to wrap all the office planters, white tulle to make bows for all that burlap, white cardstock and 3 sizes of snowflake punches to make a blizzard worth of flakes, fishing line to string all the snowflakes on to hang in front of the windows, a tall wooden angel, a large wooden 'J' and 'Y' with a small wreath in between them to make the word 'JoY', and a Norfolk pine.  This sounds like a lot, but really it is pretty understated divided among the separate rooms.  I do need some AA batteries, but I have a 'source' that can give me enough to keep my battery-operated light strands powered through the holidays.  

2.  Kasey & Beau brought over Thanksgiving dinner for Carey & I on Monday.  We were supposed to have our Thanksgiving with them last Sunday.  However, Carey had to go to the ER...TWICE(!)...on Sunday.  (Definitely not frugal, but when my extremely healthy, no-med husband says he needs to go to the ER, I took him without question.)  He is much better, and back at work.  And we enjoyed the dinner delivery!  

3.  Two ebooks, that I've been on the library wait list for, got delivered.  

4.  Completing surveys for free fountain drinks at Sonic.

5.  No need to fill up the car.  How often and fervently can I say how much I love my incredibly short work commute?!

Saturday:  Jambalaya
Sunday:  breakfast for dinner
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  meatloaf, baked potato, broccoli, green beans
Wednesday:  *burger
Thursday:  leftovers
Friday: baked potato

Number of individual servings made and frozen for work lunches this week:  6

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very frugal and organized week except for the ER. Hope everything is better on that front. I love a short drive to work or home. It makes my day go so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations sound really lovely! Glad Carey has recovered but that made for an eventful day until resolved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear Carey is doing ok. That's quite a haul from your stash!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails