background

Monday, July 24, 2017

Making it Monday...


I made a run to the superstore today.  Back-to-school displays are a magnet for me.  I bought a composition book with grid pages for quilt designing, my favorite gel pens in black ink to last the year (I am always misplacing them), and the same pens but in pretty-colored ink for my to-do lists.  I avoided buying crayons, but I did open a box so I could drink in their beauty and breathe deeply of their one-of-a-kind scent-sation.  Nothing can send me back to the second grade like the smell of fresh crayons!  Favorite Crayola color?  Magenta.  Could live without Burnt Sienna.  (I'm not sure either of those colors are still part of the Crayola lineup.

Remember those old-school giant crayons that were flat on one side?  Ugh...HATED those...too waxy, so I could never get the depth of color I wanted.  I remember being insulted in kindergarten that our crayon usage was limited to those vile things. Would you believe it only just dawned on me a month or so ago that the flat side was so they wouldn't roll off of the table?!  I mean the box says 'Anti-Roll' right on the front!  What can I say?  I despised them so much.

I also bought envelopes while I was at the store, which is what I went for.  I had a very productive day of card making today, only to find that I was out of envelopes.  Can't get them in the mail without envelopes.  I don't believe I will show the photos of them until they have time to be received.  :)

11 comments:

  1. Your crayon photo reminds me that I bought a giant box of crayons with 96 colors. They are so pretty just to look at and sometimes I color with them. Do show us your cards when they are received.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terra, I saw a box of Crayola's the other day that had 152(!) colors and its own carousel for storing them. I could barely restrain myself from buying a box! :)

      Delete
  2. I use to envy the kids with the giant box of crayons when I just had the basic colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know what you mean! Part of that envy for me was after they put the sharpener right in the box. I loved my crayons SHARP! LOL

      Delete
  3. School supply season is my FAVORITE time of the year, Kathleen it amazes me that you & I love so many of the same things. I always had the big box of Crayola Crayons proudly displayed in my office & still have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL It makes me want to send you "a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils!" Which is another Meg Ryan movie quote, and reminds me that I owe you an ornament.

      Delete
    2. OMG! That line is from my favorite movie, "You've Got Mail!" My other favorite movie is Wuthering Heights. This is getting weird. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Love crayons! When I was little, I always wanted to use my Mum's crayons because hers colored inside the lines! I think Sophia made it her mission in preschool to unwrap every crayon in the classroom. Crayons hold great memories for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those memories! Sophia found a way to make her presence known! :) Isn’t it funny to think that the company has stayed current with lots of new products and innovations, but after all their years in business we have such strong memories and affection for the original crayon?

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails