background

Friday, May 26, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 21...


Successes:
1.  Submitted invoice for payment of article/photo.

2.  Bathed Rudy and cleaned his ears myself...no grooming fee.  Normally I clip his nails after a bath, but he had a vet appointment this week, and our vet office always clips their patients' nails as a free perk during appointments, so I was happy to let them do it this time.  I looked up grooming fees at PetSmart and Petco, and apparently a bath/ear cleaning/nail trim costs $18.99 for his breed at PetSmart and $33 at Petco.  Nice to have a concrete idea of how much this chore saves.

3.  Knocked out some physically taxing chores on Monday, and was really wanting to order a pizza instead of cooking diner.  But since I had to run to WalMart anyway, I found I was just as happy getting a frozen pizza instead and saving some bucks.

4.  After several years of use, my laptop battery would no longer hold a charge and had to be kept plugged in at all times.  After months and months of this, I finally started researching reviews on Amazon (which is where I got the current one, and was perfectly happy with it, but since it was no longer available I had to find an alternative).  I found one with good reviews and info for about $100 less on Amazon than from the laptop manufacturer.  

5.  Made a menu plan and shopping list.  It's so much easier to stick to my cook-at-home resolve when I have the ingredients in the house.  I still need to go to the local grocery...ran out of energy after Costco yesterday.  :)


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe, leftover salmon & Kale Salad, Cornbread Salad
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  frozen pizza
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  meatloaf, leftover mac & cheese, broccoli
Thursday:  smothered pork chops, rice, broccoli
Friday:  Taco Salad

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm always pleased when I find I can do a job instead of paying someone else to do it. I trim my husband's hair and save about $20 on that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband can cut his own, as there isn’t much to do. :)

      We are all about DIY around here. When I think of all the wall paper we removed in one of our houses…every…single…room! LOL

      Delete
  2. Finally getting around to all the blog reading I've missed over the past couple of weeks. That macaroni and cheese recipe looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela. My mother used to make it this way. It is really delicious, but about as far away from Paleo as it gets! :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails