1. I have not spent 1¢ at Sonic since my ice machine has been put in use. I LOVE my Opal Nugget Ice Maker!
2. I made a menu plan, and did a big grocery shop to restock the pantry and freezer before Carey left for working out of town. Stuck to my shopping list.
3. Kasey has been on a business trip and needed some help picking up and delivering kids while she was gone. But, of course, I have no car at the moment, so she delivered her car to my house before leaving town. Though she said to use it for whatever I wanted, I didn't really have anything I needed to do in the outside world.
4. I'm using some recycled linen (from a pair of wide-leg slacks) to make a primitive embroidery piece for my laundry room.
5. Paper towel consumption WAY down since Rudy is having fewer accidents in the house these days.
I had to turn down a day of work due to the car situation.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: King Ranch Casserole
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday: Twice-baked potatoes with barbecued brisket
Wednesday: ground beef patties, potatoes, broccoli
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)