1. Calendar: In the spirit of making do. Though that new-calendar feeling wore off way too quickly, it still meets certain important criteria: it is here, it is paid for, it will fill the need. Definitely a 'make it do.'
2. I made a start at a budget. Wrote down all my fixed expenses. I haven't set monthly budget amounts for discretionary spending, but at least I know what broad parameters we need to stay within.
3. I've cut down on my trips to Sonic, and will only stop for a Coke or iced tea if it is between 2 and 4 when drinks are half-price. One night I did stop for a large cup of ice, which is my real addiction from there, after all. It's way cheaper, and pouring my own iced tea or lemon water over it at home gives me the same happy factor.
4. I didn't have a satellite bill to pay this month! Woohoo!
5. Library patronage.
6. Friend date. We went out for our usual pre-auction dinner. It wasn't a cheap meal, but it was a very good-for-me salad, and I ordered water with lemon (free) instead of tea ($2). Afterwards we went to preview the items up for auction, and I found nothing I needed, so left before it even started.
1. Concession stand at movie
2. Quilt fabric...again