background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Taking the easy way...



I had intended to make a quiche for dinner tonight, but I didn't get home till about six.  So I rummaged through the freezer and found some meatballs from my last IKEA trip.  The pantry had instant mashed potatoes.  I made a simple white sauce and added a package of brown gravy mix to it.  Microwaved some frozen broccoli.  And opened a can of cranberry jelly to sub for lingonberry.

We were plating up dinner at six-thirty.

It is days like this that I wonder (guiltily) how my mother put a made-from-scratch dinner on the table every single night after a long day at work...and without a microwave or dishwasher.

I made this meal once for Caitlyn and Chloe when they were spending the night.  Caitlyn said that it was "very good, Grandma...just like at my school cafeteria."  Just what I've always aspired to be...the cafeteria lunch lady.

Carey isn't a fan of instant mashed potatoes, so no compliments forthcoming from him tonight.

Oh, well.  Tomorrow is another day.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. nothing better than IKEA meatballs and lignoberry!
    good thing daughter works there!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails