background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I actually finished them...
















Before.  Kind of a sorry excuse for a before photo, but you get the idea.


And after.  This is the first time my kitchen window has been dressed in years.  You can get away with that when your nearest neighbor is a half mile away.  These days they're a little closer than that.

When we moved in there were top-to-bottom blinds on this window.  Really darkened the room.  This lets in the light, but still allows for privacy.


Carey hates a closed curtain, so I'll have to lose the daisies so that he can open them at dawn, and I can close them at dusk.

6 comments:

  1. and gives the room a soft airy feel.
    Nice job!
    xoxo~Kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job! sooo lucky to have REAL windows now, too!
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous window in your kitchen - I love the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate blinds! oof.
    I'm with Uncle Carey - first thing I do in the morning is open the curtains (the ones that get closed at nighttime, not all of them do).

    It's lovely! And I prob'ly have no sense at all, 'cause I like the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait - I meant that I liked it even though you didn't, not that I didn't like your new curtains!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind comments, all.

    Blogger is doing some very strange things lately...anyone else noticed? I wasn't able to get into comments till this morning. And some of the comments seem to be missing. I got emails that two other comments were left on this post, but they don't appear here, and I can't figure out why. So if you don't see yours, it's not because I deleted it! I appreciate ALL comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails