background

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Seven random thoughts on the 7th...





1. Did anybody watch the Hallmark special last week The Magic of Ordinary Days? I DVR'ed it and have since watched it four times. Then yesterday I went to the library and got the book. The author is Ann Howard Creel. I finished it this afternoon.

Usually I find a book so much better than its movie adaptation. This book was very good. A lot of the movie dialog was taken straight from the novel. But the subplots differ some, and I found myself empathizing more with the movie characters than the novel's.

Anyway, I give the book a thumbs up, and the movie a BIG thumbs up. Of course, I have a serious soft spot for romantic stories about Midwest pioneers, farmers, and WWII vets, and this story has all of the above. :)

2. I heard all of thirty seconds of a song I'd never heard before by Toby Keith on the radio today, Cryin' for Me. That's all it took for me to start cryin' for me. It's getting to be about that time of the year, when I need to leave the radio dial on all talk stations for awhile.

3. I'm thinking I should have saved the photo from the previous post for a future post entitled 'Open mouth and insert foot...' That could come in very handy...and often.

4. I used to be so good at making up a two week menu and shopping list. I even have most of it on the computer. I have to get back in the habit. I just hate to go in the grocery store. HATE. IT. Why?

5. As I write this I'm being distracted by watching Undercover Boss. President and COO of Waste Management covering entry level trash pick up. Love it!
I once had a major player from home office pop into our office while he was in town on vacation. I didn't have a clue who he was. I'm glad I'm nice to everyone. :)

6. I actually worked 40 hours last week. Hadn't done that since...when...last summer? This week...time off!

7. What's on tap for tomorrow? LAUNDRY!

1 comment:

  1. I have just the opposite problem--I love to grocery shop--but it takes me forever! I love the menu idea --I rarely plan at all anymore for us since it is just the two of us now. If I have a big lunch, I just have a snack for dinner. I do try to fix a couple of meals a week for my daughter's family since she does not cook.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails