background

Friday, November 17, 2023

Frugal Friday File 2023, Nov 17...

1.  I filled in one day at my old branch.

2.  I'm preparing our grocery order for curbside pick up.  No way I'm stepping inside our grocery store right now.  Not only are the normal holiday crowds there already, but our store is undergoing an update.  They are adding among other things a furniture department and a clothing department.  Codes don't allow for enlarging the footprint of the existing building, so all of the aisle shelving is being squeezed closer together.  I may never set foot inside the physical store again.

   As I was preparing my order, I included two boxes of Stove Top Stuffing.  Not for the holiday meal, but for the pantry since they are on sale right now, and I use it in a casserole recipe occasionally.  A 6-ounce box is on sale for $2.06 down from the regular price of $2.58.  Then I noticed that a 12-ounce 'canister' of the same Stove Top product is also on sale for $2.06 down from the regular price of $2.58.  So I removed the smaller boxes and went with the larger canister.  Saved $2.06, and was reminded to pay attention to price per serving while shopping.

3.  We were visiting my mother-in-law last week.  We looked at several apartment complexes and got prices, but decided it just didn't make sense as we aren't planning to be there full time (not to mention the hassle of getting utilities, having to move furniture, etc).  There is a long-stay hotel where we can take Rudy with us which will be easier and more affordable, and they have kitchen, so we won't have the expense of eating out all the time (plus they offer free hotel breakfast every day).  And we also looked at a couple of RV parks both with dog parks and one with cement parking slabs for all RVs to make leveling etc easier.  Kasey & Beau have an RV trailer and a pickup to haul it that they are willing to let us borrow sometimes.  It feels good to have more information and decisions made.

4.   Still working on Christmas gift accumulation.  Carey never wants anything, but I have thought of and purchased a great and frugal gift for him that he is guaranteed to enjoy.

5.  The day I worked this week, my boss asked if we had ever had Marco's pizza.  I said, no, we haven't.  They hadn't either, but were wondering as they had been invited over to eat with friends who informed them they would be ordering pizza from there as they had a buy-1/ get-1-free deal going on.  Say no more!  I placed an online order to be picked up at 5:30 p.m.  We were pleasantly surprised at the quality.  The second pizza I placed on a baking sheet,  covered with foil, and it is in the freezer for the future.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  Potato soup

Sunday:  supper at Kasey & Beau's

Monday:  Chili

Tuesday:  Pizza

Wednesday:  Chicken Spaghetti from the freezer

Thursday:  breakfast for dinner (waffles, bacon, eggs)

Friday:  Potato Soup

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's crazy in any store at the moment. Not only is it is the run-up to Thanksgiving but the holiday shoppers are out in force too. Online shopping, here I come!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails