background

Friday, June 18, 2021

The Frugal Friday File 2021, week 24...



It's been an expensive week.
  • Taxes got paid, so that took quite a chunk.
  • Two separate instances of medical insurance not covering a service.  Now I have to find time to spend on the phone to figure it out.
  • Picked up a new CPAP machine.  Now I'm crossing my fingers that insurance will cover it without more extra effort on my part.
  • We went out to dinner for the first time in forever.
  • I noticed that I've been paying for a Starz subscription without realizing it.

Successes:
1.  I cancelled the Starz subscription.  Also cancelled Prime Music Unlimited, which I love, but I only listen to at work.

2.  Carey and I have both been reading lib
rary e-books.

3. I came home for lunches.

4.  I brewed tea to cut down on soda purchase and consumption.

5.  I moved our savings accounts from the credit union to another institution.  It's driving me crazy.  At the credit union I could compartmentalize and know at a glance how much was designated for what.  Now it is all lumped together, and I'm afraid I'm going to lose track of things.  I know in my head that every penny is still safely in an account, but it gives me anxiety not to see it the way I'm used to.  It's making me rethink expenses and spending after Carey's retirement this fall.

1 comment:

  1. I have to watch my subscriptions like that. I can end up with all kind of subscriptions I am not using so, yeah, I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails