background

Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thankful, grateful, blessed...

Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope that everyone is having a lovely day filled with things they are thankful for.  Though Carey is working this holiday, and I am spending the day alone (so far), I am thankful and enjoying myself.  

I have spent the day at the sewing machine working on a donation quilt...and it is done and ready to deliver.  It's not like any I've done before.  When I was looking around for batting and backing in my sewing room, I stumbled on a large cut of blue fleece.  I thought about using it instead of batting...but then I thought, why not use it as backing without batting?  So I just sewed the pieced top to the fleece (right sides together), turned it right side out, and started quilting.  Since it is a lap quilt for a memory-care facility, I think the light weight will be good, and the fleece will not only be soft and cuddly, but will hopefully keep it from sliding off of the lap of its owner too easily.  

Hot off the sewing machine!  Looks rather summery in those colors against the arrangement of autumn leaves behind it, huh?

Wait, what's that down at the other end of the sofa?

Ahhh...that blends a little better.  This is the throw I made for the sofa a few years ago.

Actually, though, it's time to put even this quilt back on the shelf and get out the Christmas decor.  Tomorrow.  

Now I am off to put a turkey breast in the oven, and make some Stove Top dressing and a couple of easy sides.  Kasey, Beau, and the girls are on their inaugural trip in their new travel trailer, and I hope they are having a fun time; the boys all had plans of their own.  So Jared will come, and we will share our minimalist feast.  :)  

Blessings to all!

3 comments:

  1. That cheerful quilt you are donating looks great and the fleece adds a nice sensory element as well as warmth. A belated happy thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juhli. That is a good point, that I hadn't thought of. I've been wanting to try my hand at making a fidget pad as well, and reading a lot about them, so it should have occurred to me.

      Delete
  2. I love the idea of a lightweight, non-slip quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails