background

Saturday, July 11, 2020

Saturday snail mail...

This is just a little 'busy'.  Ah, well.  I needed to make something really quick while Caitlyn was here for her to write a note to her great-grandmother.  I think I would be happier with it if I had just used a solid-color ribbon for the bow, but this gingham bow was lying on my work desk already tied, so I popped it on.

I stamped this background floral stamp (from Simon Says Stamp) in black Memento ink.  I used Stampin' Up! Blends to color in the one flower at the bottom.  I used an Exacto knife to cut around the petals so that I could slide the pink center layer behind it.  

Same basic stamping and coloring on this one, but I used an embossing folder with a similar all-over floral pattern to emboss a rectangle, then trimmed out the center to make a frame.  Popped up the pink embossed frame on the card front, added a few of the palest pink sequins, et voilá!  I love this one.

A 21st birthday card for Bobby.  He loves black & white clean graphics.  I also used some gray design papers, punched different-sized circles, and glued them on randomly.  I 'splattered' it w/ Wink of Stella before layering on a gray card base, then added a red heart with 'happy birthday' stamped on it.

I stuck with circles for making a stamped background design.  To start I punched different-sized circles from cardstock squares leaving as much border as possible.  I used these as stencils, and with a blending brush added random circles all over a 8.5" x 11" piece of cream card stock in gray, green, and brown.  Then I stamped on smaller brown circles with a little rougher 'texture' and stamped the swirly circles in dark brown.  When I was happy with the all-over design, I cut strips, wrapped with cord secured with a knot, added some copper metallic edges, and used adhesive foam to pop it up onto a layer of cream-colored watercolor paper on a cream card base.

On this one I stamped over a few of the small light brown circles with Delicata Celestial Copper (a metallic ink) and used a hemp cord to wrap and knot.  These will be all-purpose cards for work that I can add a stamped greeting to inside as needed or leave blank for a handwritten note.  I love the way they turned out.

Sorry if seeing my card posts gets old for readers, but they help me to remember card ideas I've used and who I may have sent them to.

4 comments:

  1. I love all your cards! You need to spend more time making beautiful cards and sharing them on your blog. Love, love them. Don't be surprised if I case your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Kath. It's nice to see ideas for making things. I very rarely make cards but do make gift tags. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails