background

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen

Since last week I started and finished At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen.  It's sort of WWII meets the Loch Ness monster.  Sounds crazy, but it works.  A Philadelphia high society couple make a faux pas one New Year's Eve, and are kicked out by the husband's parents with whom they live.  They make their way to Scotland to become monster hunters.  The people of the small village, and the up-close look at the war, affect them in very different ways.  I loved this one.

A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler

Remind me why I read Anne Tyler?  They always seem like the same quirky characters, but the delivery is familiar and cozy...and I just love the cover on this one.  :)

6 comments:

  1. At the Water's Edge sounds interesting - that's my favorite era and yes, that's a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Pamela. I definitely think you will like this one.

      Delete
  2. I read At the Water's Edge a while ago and enjoyed it very much too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read both of these and really liked At the Water's Edge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hard time putting it down. Boy her husband was a jerk, huh?

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails