background

Friday, July 6, 2018

Frugal Friday 2018, week 27...


Successes:
1.  Happened across a station, off of my normal route, where gasoline prices were 10¢ less per gallon than the regular place I stop.

2.  Worked/working two days this week.

3.  I took a smoothie to work both mornings for breakfast.  

4.  I've been wanting some magnetic sheets to cut to size to organize and store some metal craft dies.  Did lots of web surfing and pricing.  Came across a tip that Home Depot has magnetic vent covers...8" x 15" and three to a package...for $4.98.  When Carey said he was going to HD, I pulled up the photo of the package online and asked him to bring me one package.  Works perfectly for my needs.  Easy to cut to the size I want.  Holds well.  Lower price than most alternatives I found, and no shipping costs.

5.  I cooked a large pork shoulder roast in the slow cooker this week:  street tacos one night, burrito bowls tonight, and some for the freezer that will make pulled pork sandwiches later.  I also saved the liquid from the pot.  I will remove and discard the fat from the top, and then use the liquid to make a pot of beans this weekend.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey's
Monday:  grazed the fridge
Tuesday:  street tacos, guacamole, pico de gallo
Wednesday:  leftovers
Thursday:  *barbecue stuffed baked potato
Friday:  Burrito Bowls

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails