1. Trying to think what I could make for supper without going in the store last night (I was actually IN the store parking lot, just did NOT want to go in!) I remembered I had a pan of smothered pork chops in the freezer. Yea! Made some rice and a vegetable for a super-easy home-cooked meal.
2. I was leaving a comment about online clothes shopping over at A Boomer Girl's Guide yesterday. I love online shopping, my complaint is ALL the catalogs that come in the mail after they have your delivery address. I had a stack of catalogs next to my chair, so right then while I had a few minutes I began calling the customer service numbers on the back of catalogs and had them take my name off their mailing lists...and not just for that brand, but I thought to ask if they could remove my name from ALL the catalogs in their group of companies. It will take up to a month, they said, to see the stoppage, but that's okay.
I know that there is a service that you can sign up for that will stop unwanted mail, but it costs money to sign up for it. It was free for me to call the catalog directly and will potentially stop several brand mailings for each call I made.
3. Carey let me know that he had finished a library book that I had downloaded to his Kindle. He said he enjoyed it, so I went to the library website and downloaded two more by the author to his Kindle.
4. I haven't bought any fabric this week. And in the past month all I have bought is 4 neutral charm packs (pre-cut 5 inch squares) on sale.
5. It has been an expensive week with graduation lunch out, large chunk of change going into each graduate's education fund, and a birthday girl's day out. I looked at sheets while at Target, but will wait for a sale. Have been thinking about cutting my hair shorter, but will think awhile longer. I work one day next week at the branch nearby. My paycheck for last week hit account today, Carey's paycheck hit account today, bills will be paid, heads will remain above water.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: Late lunch out with graduate, skipped supper
Sunday: sandwich & chips
Monday: Greek Tortellini Salad
Thursday: smothered pork chops, rice/gravy, vegetable
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)