1. Tuesday I went to Michael's for some small American flags for a project for next summer. I came across the project last week, but no way was I going to pay full price for a week's worth of decor, when I knew they would be 60% off July 5th. I also checked phone for coupons, and they had a coupon for an additional 25% off purchase including sale items. Next year I will be happy with my patriotic decoration knowing it was not a budget buster...talk about delayed gratification. :)
2. Did not finish my library ebook before loan period ended. I know I've mentioned this tip before, but it is SO worth repeating and SO frugal. When your loan period is ending for a library ebook, and you haven't finished reading yet, turn off the wifi on your Kindle and leave it off until you finish the book. The book will be returned to the library on time from your Amazon account, so you are not depriving other library patrons or incurring any late fees. However, as long as wifi to your Kindle is turned off, the book will stay on it giving you plenty of time to finish. The minute you turn wifi on--POOF!--bye bye library ebook, so don't forget and accidentally turn it on. I have an old Kindle that I use for reading only, so it's not a hardship to turn off wifi for extended time.
3. Made 1 birthday card and 1 just-because card from supplies on hand, and bought 2 belated-birthday cards at Dollar Tree where they are 2 for $1. Letters included in each, and all are in the mail.
4. Was really hungry while running errands, and was near--and sorely tempted by--a great little vegetarian place, but I came home and had a sandwich.
5. Filled up car in preparation for a trip to visit m-i-l tomorrow, and price was down. I really, REALLY need a haircut, but put it off again. I haven't succumbed to my quilting fabric addiction for over a month.
I've done pretty well this week, but I am about to make a crazy purchase. Not unplanned for. I have the cash to cover it. But still...crazy.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Reuben sandwich
Monday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's on Monday :)
Wednesday: *burgers out
Thursday: Sausage & Rice Skillet
Friday: Baked Ravioli
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)