background

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sunday desserts...

This was a winner: Debbie McG's Carrot Cake.  I hadn't made it for over five years.  Not sure why, it's pretty darn easy.  Last week Beau, who usually forgoes desserts because his sweet tooth is not as highly developed as ours are (wink), mentioned that he liked carrot cake.  I knew I had just the one in my recipe arsenal that he wouldn't be able to resist.

It looks pretty harmless in the top photo, and the piece in the photo below looks pretty ragged, but we weren't cutting for beauty, we were cutting for immediate consumption!

Mmmmm...  Made from scratch, moist, cream cheese frosting, and hey, it has 3 cups of shredded carrots, so I think each piece counts as a vegetable serving.  :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails