Does this not look like a child who already has a few pet peeves under her belt? Hmmm...Nature? or Nurture?...I'm thinkin' nature.
Back then what bugged me was kids who didn't put the crayons back in the box with all the tips pointing up, or bad hair days and school picture days occurring on the SAME day...come to think of it, that still bugs me...a lot!
But today I'm updating my list. So count them down with me, won't you?
10. Seeing the word 'loose' written, when 'lose' is what's really meant.
9. Shopping in a brick-and-mortar store...what did I do before shopping online?
8. Getting grief about shopping online. (Yes, M, I mean you.) :)
7. Bad customer service in the retail industry.
6. Picking up something from the drive-thru to take home...only to get home and find the wrong order. (Accidents happen, but I'm a LONG way from the nearest drive-thru, so there's no going back.)
5. Alarm clocks
4. Balloon launches (Okay, I know this makes me sound like Scrooge. But these do come down, you know, and then it's just litter. Do you know how long it takes mylar balloons and curling ribbon to biodegrade? Latex balloons are not too bad IF you use raffia instead of that nasty never-degrading curling ribbon...or better yet, no string at all. Picture an inquisitive little calf eating these, or a baby dolphin. I never gave these a second thought before moving to the country.)
3. Automated telephone answering systems...to check your balance, press one...to receive a newsletter, press two...to entertain yourself while waiting, try playing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the number pad.
2. Managers berating employees in front of customers, or employees complaining or gossiping in front of customers. (see #7 above)
And my NUMBER ONE pet peeve...
1. Letting my frustration get the best of me with absolutely no excuse (no hormones, no steroids, no kidding), and dashing off a testy e-mail reply that may have hurt a friend's feelings. Why, oh, why can't there be an 'unsend' button in MSFT Outlook?