background

Friday, September 14, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, weeks 36 and 37...

Can't believe I forgot to post the 'file' last week!  Oh well, here's a double dose.

Successes week 36:
1.  Worked three days when I really didn't want to.  Done with commuting...yea!  (Unless I have another weak moment.  If that happens, I promise I will try not to whine further.)

2.  Breakfast at home every day.  

3.  Since I was in neighboring town anyway for work, I ran an errand for a friend.  Saved her gasoline and time.  Doing nice things for friends is frugal when they are the reciprocating kind.  :)

4.  Library ebooks! No gasoline to pick up or return them.  Love that!

5.  Umm...I saved water by not doing laundry until I was out of clean clothes?  :)

Successes week 37:
1.  Worked three days right here in my own community.  Saved gasoline, time, and sanity.

2.  Meal planning and trying to cook what's on hand.  Packing individual meals for freezer for Carey to take to work.

3.  I picked up one and one-half dozen free fresh eggs from my favorite POA-unsanctioned chicken wrangler.

4.  Gave up Cokes cold turkey.  It's been 2 weeks now.

5.  We had planned a day trip today to see my mother-in-law.  I woke at 5:49, showered, dressed, did face and hair, got in car and drove 30 miles of the 200 mile trip in the dark and rain...at which point my husband decided he didn't want to drive in the rain all day (tropical disturbance coming inland on the Texas coast) and called his mother to say we couldn't make it.  (I was game, but not really keen on it either, but didn't want to be the one to say let's not go.)  Delayed the gasoline and lunch out cost (because he will probably go while I'm at work next week), but what was really frugal was avoiding any mishaps that can happen on slick roads...you know...accidents, car repairs, funerals.

Frugal From the Kitchen Week 36:
Saturday:  Dublin Coddle
Sunday:  Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  grilled chicken, seasoned rice, pan fried squash, 
Tuesday: *Tex-Mex 
Wednesday:  *barbecue
Thursday:  tacos w/ leftover chicken and grilled peppers/onions
Friday:  egg on toast

Frugal From the Kitchen Week 37:
Saturday: Salmon, seasoned rice, green beans
Sunday: Sunday supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday: Chicken Salad Wrap
Tuesday:  chicken breast, salad
Wednesday:  *Schlotzky sandwiches
Thursday:  spaghetti (pasta for C, squash for me) & meatballs
Friday:  breakfast for supper: bacon, eggs, pancakes

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails