background

Friday, October 14, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 41...


Successes:
1.  Delayed gratification can be very frugal.  I had a great find at Goodwill, which almost never happens for me.  Paying $17.82  rather than in excess of $150 plus super high postage?  Yes, thank you!  

2.  Discussed an auction item with husband, as to what it would take to retro-fit a salvaged front door in place of the one we have presently.  More expense and trouble than I want right now.  Someday I will find what I want.  Until then, I am delaying my gratification.  :)

3.  I've been cooking from the pantry and freezer, and avoiding the grocery store.

4.  I put off errands near a lower-priced gasoline station until tank was nearing empty so I could kill two birds with one trip.

5.  I need a haircut!  Really, really, need a haircut.  But I continue to put it off.

Keep Tryings:



Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  headache all day and home alone, so skipped dinner
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  breakfast for dinner
Tuesday:  Salad with Chicken
Wednesday:  Greek Tortellini Salad
Thursday:  barbecue meatballs, rice, vegetable
Friday:  15 bean soup in the slow cooker, corn bread

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails