background

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Dreaded chores and a request...

I really, really, really hate hemming slacks.  Unfortunately, we are a family of short-legged people.  The last time Kasey had a business trip, she needed two pair hemmed, and one of those had a lining.  Tomorrow morning Jared has to head to Dallas for a week of training, for which he was issued five (5!) pair of uniform slacks.  He received them yesterday, but he got off very late.  So I only had today to get all of them hemmed.

To be fair, he asked me to show him how to do it himself.  If we had had more time, I would have taken him up on it, but I knew I was going to be pushing it to get it done myself without taking the time to teach someone else.  Obviously, I should have given lessons to both children when they were younger.  :)

I don't mind sewing by hand, it's the measuring and pinning and cutting and ironing and trying on...times five in this case.  And truth be told, it's mostly the cutting I dread.  I always end up cutting too much and then having to spend time remedying my mistake.  (And yes, I did it again today on one pair.)

I finished very late tonight.  I'm really glad I know how to do it, because there was absolutely no way he would have been able to find someone to professionally alter them on the very short time frame that he had.

If you would say a little prayer (or several) for him to have success this week, it would be much appreciated! Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Lots of prayers! I am so impressed you can do this.
    I maybe once knew how...but now it sounds really overwhelming. He will look sharp and feel more confident (I would).

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails