1. This is the fourth day I've worked this month...only ten more to go. So many days scheduled at the same branches means they may notice my wardrobe repeats. Normally I don't work more than a day or two a month at the same branch since leaving full-time work, so I scaled back my work wardrobe dramatically. Ah, well, I'll switch up the accessories and call it good.
2. "If a 'g' comes at the end of a word, the pronunciation is a hard 'g': bug, frog, jug, mug, pig, wig, zigzag." I really, really hate it when people type 'frig' as an abbreviation for refrigerator, when it should be 'fridge.' A former co-worker used to use it all the time. One day I wrote in the margin, "Did you know this means f*ck?" I see it all the time in Blogland when clicking over to check out recipes or projects I see on Pinterest. I never, ever correct anyone on their blog, but I figure I can vent on my own. I don't think I've ever seen it on any of my favorite blogs, so I'm not trying to call anyone out here, and I truly hope I'm not offending anyone.
3. Monday as I was running errands on my way to quilt at the library, I noticed a clicking noise. I got out to check my tires and found this. :(
The tire was still inflated, and I was very near the library, so I headed straight there. I texted Carey the photo, and he texted back that he would come and change it for me. So happy he was home to do it. I used to actually like changing tires, but the spare on my SUV is really hard to get to, and I'm not sure my knees are up to it these days. I happily quilted while my man came and took care of it.
4. Costco trip required this weekend. Prescription refills. Pecans. Dishwasher tabs. New printer?
5. We are down a car this week (unrelated to tire problem above). Sharing hasn't been too bad...yet...as I've been working in town this week. If repairs aren't finished by Monday I may have to rent a car.
6. I have made no progress on cleaning out the storage shed. I just realized that maybe knowing that is what I really should be doing, I instead booked up my month full of work days. The heat will be on us before we know it, and then...I know me...I will put it off till fall.
7. I was so happy to see 5 o'clock yesterday. I really must get more sleep.