background

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The weekend away...

 I was so busy preparing and packing last week, that I didn't get a chance to mention that I was going away for a weekend retreat with my quilting peeps.


The first thing on my weekend agenda was to tackle basting my friend's vintage quilt top.  I used this Youtube tutorial, which worked pretty well, but was not as easy on a full-size quilt as the small sample piece made it look in the video.  Still, it was completely basted by the end of the first day.  

When my friend first asked me to bring it home and quilt it (YEARS ago), I didn't have a place to baste it.  My floors were all carpeted.  And now that I have the smooth floor space, my knees are no longer willing to crawl around on them.

I had to get it done while I was somewhere that had big tables...and the cheering section to keep me motivated was a big help as well.  

Now I have to get it into the frame and hand quilt it.  It has its problem spots, but I will give it my best shot.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love all the old patterned material in that quilt. Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails