background

Friday, December 28, 2012

Planning ahead...


I know.  I KNOW.  I said, "No new commitments!"  But that does not mean that I don't need a plan and some goals.

My friend over at The Frugal Trenches is a good example in SO many ways.  Her post today reminded me that having a plan and listing your goals is a much surer way of accomplishing them than just thinking about them and keeping them at the back of your mind.  Announcing them to the world, and revisiting them regularly and publicly goes a long way toward keeping yourself honest and accountable.

PERSONAL GOALS
  • Lose 25 pounds (that is just a baby step, but I don't want to be overwhelmed)
  • Turn computer off by 9:00 pm on work nights
  • Begin bedtime routine by 9:15 pm on work nights
  • Get back to a more Paleo eating plan
  • Make my iced coffees instead of buying them 4 times a week...I only drink coffee on my way to work, and I only work 4 days a week
  • Take my lunch to work twice a week
  • Cook twenty meals at home per month
  • Cook / freeze two meals per month
  • Stretch for ten minutes 15 times a month
  • Walk for fifteen minutes 15 times a month
  • Visit one new church a month until we find a new church home
  • Complete one Bible study
  • Organize home office / craft room
  • Organize photos
  • Paint cabinets in guest powder room
  • Reorganize laundry room
  • Paint laundry room cabinets
  • Complete the 2013 Reading Challenge
  • blog 20 times a month
  • have one or more of the kidlets overnight once a month

GIVING GOALS
  • Knit 12 hats to donate
  • Donate 12 boxfuls of household goods / clothes to Goodwill
  • Donate 12 books to the library
  • Donate to two good causes

FINANCIAL GOALS
  • Be more deliberately mindful of finances
  • Contribute maximum to our IRAs
  • Add $100 to each of the five college funds
  • Build / finish the garage apartment
  • Price / plan future kitchen remodel
CREATIVE GOALS
  • Hand quilt Rita May's quilt top
  • Make 52 cards
  • Knit 6 dishcloths
  • Sew 2 hot pads
  • Knit 1 cowl
  • Make 6 Pinterest projects
Photobucket
 

1 comment:

  1. That's a great list, Kathleen. You are so right, it does somehow make us more accountable when our goals are written down publicly like this. Best of luck, and I look forward to reading how you get on. Happy 2013 to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails