background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

'Bout time...



Waaaaay back in November, I posted about spray painting the wall sconce and lamp.  And in January I posted about the tree I painted on the playroom wall.  It took me awhile to get around to the decorative painting I wanted to do on the wall opposite the bed.  But here it is...finally.

 

I painted various-sized polka dots on the wall, and I'm really happy with how they turned out.  To a few of them I added adhesive mirror circles called Add Heres that I found at Kohl's for half price.  The instructions suggested letting freshly painted surfaces cure for thirty days before applying them, so that's what took so long...yeah, that's it.  ;)  Including the tree and the polka dots combined, I think I used about half of a $1 bottle of acrylic paint...way to stretch my decorating dollar, huh?

 

I love the sheers and panels I found.  The colors match the new bed linens (quilt /shams clearance from Overstock.com), and the polka dots on the sheers coordinate with the polka dot wall...cute ribbon tabs at the top too.  I splurged on them since I had a Bed Bath & Beyond gift card we received at Christmas.

Finally something feels finished!

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails