Forty-fifth challenge finish of the year.
This is a compilation of stories originally published in Texas Monthly with follow ups after each chapter.
I heard the author interviewed about this new (at the time) book of his on NPR several months ago. I've long admired his work as an award-winning journalist for Texas Monthly magazine; I see that he is now an executive editor there.
A few days after hearing that interview, I received an email from Amazon that this book was specially priced at $1.99 for a limited time. I already knew I wanted to read it, so was only too happy to get a deal on it. When I realized that the subtitle fit a prompt of the challenge, it sealed the deal.


That worked out nicely! I just finished A Far Flung Life, and am picking up a library hold today for Family of Spies. In between book club reads, I am working on Unbroken.
ReplyDeleteInterested to know what you thought of A Far Flung Life, I read The Light Between the Oceans and liked it (but boy did I cry!) so I've been thinking about reading A Far Flung Life after the challenge. Also interested in Family of Spies, what I've heard about it sounds interesting.
ReplyDeleteI've read Unbroken and liked it. My favorite of hers though was Seabiscuit. Loved it.