Forty-fifth challenge finish of the year.
This is a compilation of stories originally published in Texas Monthly with follow ups after each chapter.
I heard the author interviewed about this new (at the time) book of his on NPR several months ago. I've long admired his work as an award-winning journalist for Texas Monthly magazine; I see that he is now an executive editor there.
A few days after hearing that interview, I received an email from Amazon that this book was specially priced at $1.99 for a limited time. I already knew I wanted to read it, so was only too happy to get a deal on it. When I realized that the subtitle fit a prompt of the challenge, it sealed the deal.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!