background

Friday, March 4, 2022

Frugal Friday File 2022, week 9...

 

1.  Still working on the freezer and pantry meals.  I found some chicken thighs in the freezer over the weekend; bell pepper, onion, and carrots in the fridge; Trader Joe's curry sauce in the pantry.  Yummy curry and rice on a chilly night

2.  Kasey brought us over a box of beautiful ripe tomatoes that were left over from a meal at Beau's workplace that he was responsible for organizing.  I used about half of them to make a Tomatoe Pie.  The last onion had gone into the curry, so I used dehydrated onion flakes sprinkled over the layers of tomatoes instead of fresh.  And I used up all the little bits of random shredded cheeses from the cheese drawer to make the topping.

3.  I wear my seat belt.  Tickets are not frugal.  Neither are ambulance trips nor emergency rooms.  And then there was that time it saved my life.

4.  My trips to Sonic have decreased in frequency.  When I do go, I use the app to get half-price drinks.  

5.  Library.  Nuff said.

4 comments:

  1. You inspire me to add Trader Joe's curry sauce to our shopping list! Tomato pie - is that like a quiche?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the yellow curry sauce and the red curry sauce; I even mix them together! :)

      Tomato pie is SORT of like a quiche...maybe a quiche pizza fusion?

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work. Every little bit adds up to a big total.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of stumbles along the way. Today our new roof starts, so that will be a BIG check to write.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails