background

Friday, March 18, 2022

Frugal Friday 2022, week 11...

 

1.  We are still ordering three meals a week from our subscription service.  I admit that it is a convenience, but it also keeps us from eating out when I am exhausted after work, so it still feels like a frugal win.  We use Front Porch Pantry which is a Texas company which only delivers within the state...actually I think they are just starting Oklahoma delivery as well.  One day last week they offered free shipping if you purchased a certain dollar amount.  Definitely grabbed that deal!  Saved about $18.

2.  The Amazon Firestick that we had on our living room television was no longer functioning.  Carey suggested that I order a new one.  I was looking at them online when it occurred to me that we very rarely use the Firestick to view programs on the bedroom television, so we just unplugged that one and moved it to the living room.  Twenty to forty dollars saved by not buying unneccessarily.

3.  Staying home this weekend and conserving pricey gasoline.  I have a list of chores to progress through.  I really filled it up so I could prioritize what I feel like working on once I get started, and I won't worry about trying to scratch everything off the list.  

4.  Now that we have a working Firestick on the TV, I am using my library's Kanopy service to watch a couple of documentaries this weekend.  I get up to 5 shows/movies a month free.

5.  I found some old 32¢ stamps.  I used two of them to mail a letter to a friend who has also used odd combinations of old postage on her mail to me.  I can't remember the last time I actually licked a stamp to affix it to an envelope!

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about a subscription service. I'm going to check out the Front Porch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost all of their meals are 2 servings. So the prices may look high, but click on the entree, and then click on its Nutrition tab and it will tell you servings. Carey and I are almost always satisfied. We often add a salad or vegetable.

      Delete
  2. Your food service thingy sounds good. We've not tried any here, but I know my daughter has one in St. Louis that she likes. You did well with your savings this week. I like to buy in bulk which eliminates multiple grocery trips. I also find ordering groceries on line gives you a chance to review and not miss items you might when going in person. I've gotten much better with meal planning I think as a result with far fewer left overs being tossed. That might be a good thing that's come out of the pandemic. Spotted you on a mutual friends blog, so thought I'd pop in for for a visit. It's always fun to meet new bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sandy! I definitely do my grocery shopping online! It also cuts down on impulse purchases, so saves in that way for sure.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails