background

Friday, February 22, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 8...

Successes:
1.  Lots of staying home and reading.  

2.  Warmer temperatures means less heating.  We actually got into the mid 80s this week; I've even seen the first bluebonnets of the year.

3.  I got my hair cut this week.  Even though I have a short cut, my stylist's cuts look good for quite awhile, so I can get away with going longer between cuts.  I didn't make an appointment for the next visit, as I will wait until it starts telling me it needs it.  Although I occasionally still miss my natural original hair color (which I can no longer achieve naturally), I am okay with the gray and saving the big budget color jobs.

4.  I've been altering recipes and making substitutions rather than making trips to the grocery.

5.  Had our annual review with financial advisor.  Filled up with lower-priced gasoline while in neighboring town on a required trip.  I found the ultimate bargain ($38!) on a brand-new Ninja slow cooker for Kasey for Valentine's Day as she had just broken hers, which she used all the time.  Paying bills on time, moving money into savings for annual premiums so it's there for due date, and money into savings for emergencies.

Saturday:  breakfast for supper
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  Dublin Coddle
Tuesday:  *Chicken Fried Steak
Wednesday:  Shrimp Alfredo w/ spaghetti squash
Thursday:  *chicken
Friday:  chili

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails