background

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

What I'm reading Wednesday...

I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives
by Caitlyn Alifirenka and Martin Ganda with Liz Welch

Best book of the year so far!  I began it in the car yesterday (road trip to see mother-in-law) and finished it this morning...could not put it down!

What begins as a school pen-pal writing assignment changes the lives of a 12 year old from Pennsylvania and a 14 year old from Zimbabwe.  But like a pebble dropped in the water, you can feel the ripples still spreading.  

I challenge you to read this book!  I defy you to not be moved by it.  And I encourage you to act in response to it, even in a small way.

2 comments:

  1. I really needed a challenge as my yard work has taken over my reading time. Going to the library TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good read. I've added it to my list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails