background

Sunday, March 25, 2018

Weekending...

Well, tomorrow starts the first day of my month o' work.  The surgery of the person I am filling in for got moved up a week.  Praying all goes well with her surgery and recovery.

Caitlyn spent the night here on Friday.  She wanted to make some chokers and bracelets.  That was fun...and handy.  When I delivered her home, I came home to a table still set up for jewelry making.  I made this necklace yesterday; pearls and metal beads on twine.  Another one is planned to put together soon; too tired tonight, and I want to go to bed early (for me). 

I caught up on laundry this weekend, and made sure my clothes are ready for the week.  I have a pretty limited work wardrobe, since I usually only work two or three days in a row, so the next few weeks are going to be a challenge.  I thought some new necklaces might help me stretch the wardrobe a bit.  Also, I want to downsize my jewelry-making supplies, so after I make a few pieces, I will know better what I want to let go of.

I made an Apple Upside-Down Cake for supper at Kasey's tonight.  A couple of the crew don't like pineapple, so didn't want to make that, and I had a bag of apples in the fridge that needed to be used.  I just sauteed the apple slices in butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, then spread them in a greased 9" x 13" cake pan and poured yellow cake mix batter over it and baked.  I let it cool a little and then turned out on a serving dish.  It was pretty popular with the troops, Chloe in particular, who asked me to please leave the leftover cake at their house.  :)  Supper was delicious: Carne Guisada in the slow cooker with homemade flour tortillas courtesy of Diego, who was taught by his 'uela recently.  I'm stuffed.

I need to empty the dishwasher, make a lunch to take to work tomorrow, and call it a night.

Hope everybody has a good week!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I’m going to need it. One day down… :)

      Delete
  2. Praying all goes well with your extended work time.

    I'm gonna have to make an apple upside down cake...I have a homemade yellow cake recipe that would work great with the apples under it! Great idea!

    I need a good carne guisada recipe. Still haven't found one that I like as much as the one made by the lady at one of our local taco shops. She makes great tortillas (flour & corn) too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way...I wish I had your crafting skills. Love the necklace.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails