background

Friday, February 16, 2018

Frugal Friday File 2018, week 7...


Successes:
1.  Before I left WalMart (but after I had paid) I noticed that during my self-serve checkout I ran something through twice.  I went to the customer service counter and was reimbursed $5.88.  (I hate going to WalMart, but after leaving my groceries un-purchased at the other store on Tuesday, the dog and the humans at our house needed some supplies until I can figure out a curbside order.)

2.  I used the validation code for completing a customer survey to receive a free drink from Sonic...for which they gave me a receipt showing $0.00 due...and which had another customer survey at the bottom...sweet!

3.  Carey took care of a minor plumbing issue that had been bothering him in the guest bath.  It didn't bother me in the least, because I never heard it, but I'm glad that he is able to do such things and that he stays on top of maintenance around here.

4.  I stopped by a friend's house for a visit.  This is the friend that I eat out with most often, and aside from being more frugal to forego a meal out, it was lovely to be able to sit and visit in her quiet home rather than a loud restaurant.

5.  Automatic refills of prescriptions seemed like it would be one less thing on my to-do list, but for some odd reason they always fill them at separate times.  Driving seven miles to the pharmacy multiple times is a waste of good gasoline.  I cancelled all automatic refills, and will be ordering them manually to be picked up all in one trip.

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  late lunch, skipped dinner
Tuesday:  Tuesday's tantrum *takeout
Wednesday:  Dublin Coddle
Thursday:  *Thai late Valentine dinner
Friday:  Chicken Pot Pie 

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

1 comment:

  1. Hate going to Walmart and only go when driven to it.
    Wanted to thank you for the thoughtful message you left at the blog, it is much appreciated

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails